FairTalk is a grassroots group working to achieve full marriage equality for same-sex couples in Indiana by fostering respectful conversations between people on all sides of the issue.
We are currently working to defeat the proposal to write relationship discrimination into the Indiana constitution (HJR6). We hope you will join us in this fight.
Indiana GOP delays vote on HJR6 until 2014
2/7/2012 - The leaders of the state Republican party, which holds a supermajority in both houses, announced plans to wait on voting on HJR6 until 2014, after anticipated rulings on Prop 8 and DOMA.
- 6/1/2013 - Spencer Pride
- 6/8/2013 - Indy Pride
- 6/9/2013 - Tri-State Pride Picnic, Evansville
- 6/15/2013 - Kentuckiana Pride
- 6/27/2013 - Ft. Wayne Pride
- 7/17/2013 - Lafayette Pride
- Minnesota Passes Marriage Equality - 5/13/2013
- Rhode Island Passes Marriage Equality - 5/2/2013
- Supreme Court hears DOMA case - 3/27/2013
- Supreme Court hears Proposition 8 case - 3/26/2013
- Indiana GOP announces it will delay consideration of HJR6 until 2014, after Supreme Court rulings on Prop 8 and DOMA - 2/7/2013
- Supreme Court Announces it will hear DOMA, Prop 8 cases this term - 12/07/2012
- Same-sex marriage legalized by popular vote in Maine, Maryland, and Washington, and HJR6-like ammendment defeated in Minnesota - 11/9/12